- 1 pound package, Owens Country Sausage, Hot
- 6-7 slices of bread, cut into 1 inch squares
- 12 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 4.5 ounce can green chiles
- 1 cup of milk
- 1-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray Pam into a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish.
- Place cubes of bread in bottom of dish.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet and drain of excess grease. Place the browned sausage on top of the bread.
- Spread the green chiles on top of the browned sausage.
- Place the cheese on top of the sausage.
- Whip the eggs with the milk, ground mustard and salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the cheese/sausage/bread.
- Cook at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until the eggs are cooked thoroughly.
This recipe is from Linda Bebee from the Texas Beef Council and was given to me on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 for a graduate student breakfast the next day.
This is best made up the night before and allowed to sit overnight in the refrigerator.